Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Whitney Duncan/Gloriana at WKCTC in Paducah, KY - November 4, 2008

I checked out the Whitney Duncan and Gloriana concert at West Kentucky Community and Technical College in Paducah. The Clemens Fine Arts Center was the host of this very fun concert. I had a great time. It is a great facility to take in a show at and is just extremely comfortable. The staff did an incredible job with the show. If you missed this show, shame on you cause it was a great show!! Everything looked great and the sound was great as well. A very fun concert atmosphere. Let’s get into the show itself.

The show opened up with Gloriana. Gloriana consists of Tom Gossin, Mike Gossin, Rachel Reinert, and Cheyenne Kimball out of Nashville, TN. The group was formed earlier this year and they are not far from releasing their first CD. The idea of the group was to do something unique with having all four members of the group being previous lead vocal singers together. I had listened to some of their music on their My Space page earlier in the week and knew that I was going to like this group a lot. Halfway through their performance, I just kept saying “love them”. I am familiar with Cheyenne from her MTV show years ago and I always thought she didn’t get enough credit for her singing. The rest of the group are new to me but they all easily won me over immediately. They were incredible!! They took the time to tell some stories and talk in between songs which was a lot of fun. Definitely fun personalities. They got a nice standing ovation at the conclusion of their show. They just have a great sound to them. The group will switch up who handles the lead vocals on different songs. The harmony between the four is amazing. They performed their original music but also did some covers including Tom Petty’s “Mary Jane’s Last Dance” which sounded great. They said during the show that they hoped to have their CD released by January. I’m very much looking forward to getting it and they are easily on my favorite band list now. For more info on Gloriana, head over to their My Space page at: http://www.myspace.com/gloriana

Whitney Duncan took the stage next. Whitney’s new single “When I Said I Would” is all over radio and TV. Her song has been performing very well on CMT Power Picks defeating major competition. She is also preparing for her album to be released early next year. Whitney co-wrote all the songs on the CD. She is a mix of country and rock which shows with her musical influences in her life. Very good and fun show from Whitney!! She definitely already has this star power to her with her performances. She of course performed her hit song, When I Said I Would. It sounded incredible live!! She performed plenty of original stuff from her upcoming album but also did some covers as well. Whitney did an awesome cover of Fine Young Cannibal’s song, “She Drives Me Crazy”. When I was listening to her version, my first thought was, wow, I like this better than the original. You can really tell just how much fun that Whitney and her band have performing together. Whitney has the voice and stage presence that is no doubt going to make her a star. I really look forward to watching her climb the charts and doing great things in her career. For more info on Whitney Duncan, head over to her website at: http://www.whitneyduncan.com or over at her My Space page at: http://www.myspace.com/whitneyduncanmusic

Whitney Duncan and Gloriana also took the time to meet with their fans after their performances. Lots of picture taking and meeting time. A good time was had by all as everyone got to meet them.

Overall, a very fun night. For more offerings from the Clemens Fine Arts Center at West Kentucky Community and Technical College, head over to: http://focus.westkentucky.kctcs.edu/

Take care and God bless!!

No comments:

Big Brother Over The Top - Week One Thoughts

I hope many of you have floated over to Big Brother Over The Top like I have.  Tonight, we will be one week into this game and this new plat...